- If urgent, call 911 or go to ER with pediatric psychiatric unit; in greater Boston, this includes Boston Children’s Hospital, and the Franciscan/McLean.
- Worries? Anonymous text line (877) 870-4673 or website for Samariteens.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 24 / 7 at (800) 273-8255
- Tip Sheet – Talking with Children After Traumatic Events
- Tip Sheet – Practicing Self-Care After Traumatic Events
- The Dougy Center for youth in grief
- Toolkit for schools – After a suicide (AFSP / SPRC)
Information You Should Know
- The best referral service in Massachusetts
- Depression is the most common factor in suicide and prevention
Useful Links for Resilience Building
- For new parents and grandparents, this is one of several resources for play activities early in the prevention continuum at DevelopingChild.Harvard.edu
- Build resilience during ages 9-12 in the virtual Wellness Center
- Ten ways to build healthy coping skills
- Safe web site for kids to read what other kids write about depression